Mineral County contains two high schools - Frankfort and Keyser, along with their associated elementary, intermediate, and middle schools, and the Mineral County Technical Center. The Mineral County school system is among the best in the state.
For more information visit Mineral County Schools.
There is one private school in Mineral County - Small World Alternative School (Christian).
Small World is located in Fort Ashby and serves Pre-K - 6th grade.
For more information call: (304) 298-3736
Colleges & Universities
“REALIZE What’s Possible”
As an integrated division of West Virginia University, Potomac State College provides a broad range of high quality associate degree programs as well as baccalaureate degree programs at a reasonable cost with an historic focus on teaching and learning and a commitment to providing access to a better life for all West Virginians.
Potomac State College’s Strategic Goals include:
• Goal 1: Engage undergraduate students in a challenging academic environment.
• Goal 2: Excel in teaching, creative activity and innovation in all learning environments.
• Goal 3: Foster diversity and global awareness.
• Goal 4: Foster collaborative partnerships to advance the mission of the College.
• Goal 5: Enhance the well-being and quality of life for the campus community, people in West Virginia, and the broader service region of the College.
• Goal 6: Develop infrastructure to support enrollment growth and to improve retention and graduation rates.
We believe our most important concern is the total development of the individual student. Therefore, we commit to providing a comprehensive environment that invigorates the total individual: intellectually, creatively, culturally, physically, and socially. Potomac State College encourages students to:
• explore, discover and develop their special aptitudes and interests and to reach beyond their own perceived limitations;
• acquire the knowledge, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, teamwork, ethical, and social skills needed to support their immediate educational goals, as well as life-long learning in a world characterized by change;
• experience leadership;
• nurture social responsibility and receptive attitudes compatible with citizenship within a global society.
We support our faculty and staff in providing programs of study and instructional delivery that balance individual learning styles; didactic, cooperative and experiential learning environments; and outcome-based standards for academic excellence.
For more information about Potomac State College and its offerings, visit: potomacstatecollege.edu.
Choose Eastern for a hands on learning experiences in state of the art classrooms and lab spaces. We offer personalized attention to your educational goals and custom solutions to workforce training needs that are unmatched in our region.
Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College is an institution of higher learning accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Nestled in the mountains of the Potomac Highlands, Eastern has been serving the educational needs of our communities throughout Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Mineral, Pendleton, and Tucker counties for over 15 years.
For more information, please visit Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College.